How to Clean Your FR Rainwear?
We all know that rains can be unpredictable, but critical industries such as utilities, infrastructure maintenance, and transportation cannot delay their services due to rain. Electric utility linemen and oil & gas industry workers are truly essential, for that matter, as they keep the power flowing to the given area. These workers can face long hours of exposure to all types of hazardous weather, which makes it essential that they have all the protective gear they need in good shape at all times.
The scenarios utility workers typically face requiring protection in the form of high-quality flame-resistant rainwear clothing. FR safety clothing is made from materials that don’t catch fire easily when exposed to sparks or flames. Once you’ve made the investment in protecting your team with the right FR garments, the next step is to ensure that they take care of these clothing items correctly.
In this blog, we’ll see the importance of taking care of FR rainwear clothing and how you can keep them clean.
Why is it Important to Take Care of FR Rainwear in the Right Manner?
Outdoor working conditions can be harsh & extremely variable. Therefore, it is imperative that your workers have all the right gear for their safety and that they maintain it appropriately. Keeping your flame-resistant rainwear clean is important for a number of reasons, such as:
- It’ll maintain its durability & performance so that you can get the most out of it over time.
- It would help them last longer due to reduced wear & tear from dirt or grime build-up, which might otherwise get trapped in fabrics if they were dirty.
- Also, it helps to avoid possible safety hazards such as accidents caused at the worksite.
These are just a few scenarios where wearing high-quality safety clothing with the appropriate care can make all the difference in the safety & efficiency of the worker.
Furthermore, caring for your FR rainwear with the correct methods will help these valuable gears to last longer & perform better even in the harshest conditions. Not washing your FR workwear in the right manner can damage it or make it prematurely worn out. Using the right washing procedures & tools are also essential as dirty, worn out, or broken tools can be ineffective for cleaning or affect the efficiency of the garment.
How to Clean FR Rainwear?
Here are some key cleaning tips that will ensure that your FR rainwear stays clean & ready to protect you from any workplace hazard:
- Create a regular cleaning plan/schedule for your rain gear; this will ensure that your gears are clean & ready whenever you need them. Consider how often you’ll need to wash your rainwear, where & how you want to wash it, and where you’ll be keeping them.
- The primary step in the actual cleaning process is to spot clean or wipe the entire garment with a damp cloth. Make sure you keep your garments in a manner & location where they can dry completely.
- For more thorough cleaning, you can wash these garments at home in the washing machine separately in cold water on the gentle cycle of your washer.
- When you’re cleaning your rainwear, either by hand or in a washing machine, make sure to not use abrasive cleaners, solvents, bleach, or fabric softeners.
- Do not iron your FR garments at all. Simply hang them in a manner that’ll prevent any creases or wrinkles from forming.
- Do not dry clean your FR rainwear, or send it out to an industrial laundry facility for cleaning.
Keeping these tips in mind while cleaning your FR rainwear will ensure they don’t lose their quality and keeps you safe for a longer period.