How High Visibility Vest ensures worker’s safety?
Employees’ safety should always be the top priority for any business. The use of high-visibility clothing plays an important in decreasing the possibility of injuries, the. High visibility vest allows workers to be seen in low-light conditions where the risk of getting injured is high.
High visibility vests come in various reflective & fluorescent bright colors specifically to be used during the day & at night. It is vital to choose the appropriate hi vis clothing that best suits the job environment and work conditions.
- Reflective vests are best for use in low light levels, i.e., they are best suited for night time work environments.
- Fluorescent vests are better suited for bright & daytime work environments.
In this article, we will see the benefits these hi vis vests provide and the components of high visibility clothing design which ensures worker’s safety.
Benefits of Hi-Vis Vest
- Ensure employees remain visible at all times– Hi vis vest makes it easier for your employees to be visible to others at the work station by making their regular clothing stand out from the background.
- Enables drivers to see workers– In roadside construction site or other areas where there is vehicle traffic, wearing the right high visibility vest reduces the risks of workers getting injured by oncoming traffic.
- Creates a safer working environment- Your employees tend to feel safer when they have access to high visibility clothing. This increased safety translates into increased productivity & better employee morale.
- Reduced likelihood of accidents- Accidents usually occurs due to incapability of the drivers to clearly see the onsite workers. This risk is reduced significantly by using the right hi vis vest as it provides great visibility to the vehicle operators.
Components of High-Visibility Design
High visibility vest is designed to be easily spotted. The human eye best responds to objects that are bright, large & moving. Because of this, hi vis vest has become important when it comes to workplace safety.
Importance of Color
These vest come in bright, attention-grabbing colors such as fluorescent yellow-green, orange-red, and red. These hi vis vests have strips of reflective material colored with white or silver. This material is very useful for workers working during night hours and in areas with low-visibility lighting. One of the most significant uses of high-visibility vests is it makes it easier for drivers to spot a worker on the road in construction zones. The location & configuration of the reflective material enables a person to know which way the wearer is standing – facing them, or with their back toward them. The reflective material typically provides 360-degree visibility and has horizontal gaps of 50mm or less.
The material of hi vis vests is very light in weight and easy for workers to maneuver in. These vests are typically made from the web or net-like mesh material. Mesh material is used because it adds a minimal amount of weight to a person and dries out easily when wet.
Other Customizable Safety Options
Hi vis vests also come in a variety of options which makes them more customizable. Depending upon the specific application, these vests can have a varying number of pockets & closures. These pockets can be both inside & out and can be designed for different purposes, such as holding cellphones, tablets, and drawings/blueprints. The closures on hi vis vests range from three different materials which include Velcro, zippers and breakaway designs.
Whether you’re working in an office or on a roadway, safety should be the topmost priority. Make sure to check your surroundings for any hazards which can harm you or others. Making sure to take all precautions in order to ensure the safety of employees; this will not just keep you safe but will also make a happier and better workplace.